The following page contains modding guidelines for the new update of the game.
To better understand changes in units it is recommended to check Units documentation page.
- When basing your model on the original ones, add to your mod also ALL original /automat/ files used by it. The names of the files are generated as CityHash64 hash of theirs content so whenever we change the parameters of the material in any way, a different file will be used to store them and the original file might cease to exist if there is no other model utilizing the original parameters.
- When modifying original models, always include ALL components of the model (pmg+pmd) instead of just those you changed. Otherwise you risk crash if we change the model.
- As always when adding new objects to files which support multi-file approach (e.g. road_look.sii) it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use suffix or prefix in the name to avoid conflicts with new objects we are adding in patches. Otherwise you might have to use the batch renaming functionality (see Batch renaming) to fix the conflicts when new patch appears.
How to convert map
- Load map
- Do rebuild (F8)
- Save map
Changes & New Features
The FMOD® system is used now (from version 1.37) as a core sound engine in the game.
New sound system feature is described at Documentation/Engine/Sound.
Added attributes for new fine and behavior.
Speeding fine now uses fine_overspeed_step (float, default 0.0), fine_overspeed_step_multiplier (float, 1.0), and fine_overspeed_multiplier_limit (float, 1.0) for progression definition by the formula:
fine = base fine * multiplier ^ (overspeed / step), basicaly for each step over allowed speed fine is multiplied by defined value up to multiplier limit. Speeding fine base has been lowered to compensate a bit.
Damaged vehicle usage offense uses fine_core_damage_treshold (float, 0.1), fine_wheels_damage_treshold (float, 0.6), and warning_core_damage_treshold (float, 0.05). With core accessories (without wheels) damage under warning value nothing happens. Over warning but under fine value only warning is issued. If core damage is over fine value or wheel damage over fine_wheel value the fine is applied.
Attribute rpm_range_power_boost is deprecated. Now rpm_range_power (float2, default (1550.0, 1950.0)) should be used instead. It is similar but instead of relative additive bonus it states precisely the range where the engine should deliver most power. Automatic gearbox will interpolate shifting ranges based on requirement of engine power.
New attributes windows_model containing both windows, left_window_anim and right_window_anim are animation for the models (bones). Those are seen in exterior of truck.
Support for exhaust gas temperature gauge animation. Regular set of exhaust_temp_anim, exhaust_temp_anim_min, and exhaust_temp_anim_max attributes. All units in degrees of Celsius.
New animations right_window_anim and left_window_anim has also be added. Windows must be part of the interior mesh with proper bones and animations (animation 0 means closed window, 1 is opened window). Animation right_window_stick_anim and left_window_stick_anim are used for window control button animation (0 closing, 0.5 neutral, 1 opening);
Glass pane data
With new window opening animations new attributes inside glass_pane_data unit were added to support movement of rain drops on openable windows:
- openable_window_bone - name of the bone which animates window opening,
- openable_window_mask - path to grayscale uncompressed TARGA image with extension .mask and size 128x128px, which serves for masking raindrops against window glass mesh.