Documentation/Tools/Map Editor/New Editor Features 1.49
Top Menu changes
The top menu File - Edit - View - Map - Tools - Debug - Help had changes in the content of each section and also the names of some sections.
The new setup is:
- File - stay the same
- Edit - represents the Edit functions and expanded with the various Edit modes, the isolation functions moved to next section
- Selection - represents the actions you can do with a selection in map
Note: With the exception of Cut/Copy/Paste - those stay in Edit due to inter-software habits
- View - represents visualization options and dialogues that are supposed to show you some information
Note: The View Distance Debug Tool was renamed to View Distance Display Range as it more precisely describes the function of this dialogue
- Map - represents the interactions you can do with the whole map file
- Debug - all debug views, validation and the traffic tool
- Editor - remaining software documentation and help, as well as the Editor/Map Settings
- RMB click on item in compound now opens the Properties of the Compound - you don't need to search for the Compound node
- CTRL+RMB click on item in compound now opens the Properties of that item - without need for you to break the Compound to access it
Find Reference search in Find dialogue
You now can select option to search for Specific item by
- item index
- node index
If you do this instead of camera teleporting to the said item (risking crash if there is a problem with the item) the Found dialogue window opens and you can use it to remotely
- open the item's properties
- delete the item
Note: (previously you could only use "go to" function of the Find dialogue and/or console or delete such item using the console)
Changes in Errors&Warnings
- The small error popup informing you of too small item no longer appears!
- Instead ALL ERRORS now appear in the Found window where you can directly interact with the relevant items
- ADDITIONALLY you now can use Debug -> Validate errors button to display the error list whenever you need, not only on map save!
You can now delete items in Validate errors dialog using g_delete_by_uid via right-click menu on item.
- This only works if the selected items are both unlocked and invalid. :exclamation:
- This process is irreversible.
Far Model Item & Visibility Area - interaction tools
A button for fmi&va Find Parents function added:
- Selection -> Find Parents
- Select item (or items)
- Selection -> Find Parents
Found items dialogue containing list of Far Models Items / Visibility Areas the selected item(s) is assigned to.
You can use this to check whether item you want to interact with (fe. add to compound) is a child of some FMI or VA or whether you can afford to break a compound (you should not if it is a part of FMI or VA)
Other changes and new features:
- When dropping items to the ground by F6 key you now can use the CTRL+F6 key combination to drop any item node to other item's geometry. This should make placing lamps and other models on sidewalks much easier.
- F8 map window now no longer switches to focus if you move your mouse cursor over it.
- Brush Tool material list now displays the "editor name" of the material