- Some new models utilizing the "fr" suffix or prefix are still work in progress and it is likely that they might change significantly in some next patch. For this reason it is recommended that you avoid using them in your mods at this time.
- When basing you model on the original ones, add to your mod also ALL original /automat/ files used by it. The names of the files are generated as SHA1 hash of theirs content so whenever we change the parameters of the material in any way, a different file will be used to store them and the original file might cease to exist if there is no other model utilizing the original parameters.
- When modifying original models, always include ALL compoments of the model (pmg+pmd) instead of just those you changed. Otherwise you risk crash if we change the model.
- As always when adding new objects to files which support multi-file approach (e.g. road_look.sii) it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use suffix or prefix in the name to avoid conflicts with new objects we are adding in patches. Otherwise you might have to use the batch renaming functionality (see Batch renaming) to fix the conflicts when new patch appears.
How to convert map
- Temporarily store vegetation.old.sii file into /def/world/vegetation.old.sii to make old definitions of vegetation profiles accessible.
- Store this replacement script Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\replace.sii
- Open the map in the editor
- If the log contains references to missing road looks
- Provide dummy definitions for them. Otherwise the editor will crash during save or some other operations.
- Locate items using those dummy definitions and change them to other suitable looks
- Open the replacement dialog (F3)
- Run "Batch replace"
- Save map
- Do rebuild (F8)
- Save map
- Remove dummy road look definitions, if any
- Remove vegetation.old.sii
As most of the information previously set by the vegetation profile was moved into the map items, we cleaned up the vegetation templates. Use the attached files (see #How to convert map) to convert the map from the old profiles into the new ones.
We cleaned folder structure of models and some files from DLC Scandinavia were moved to the base. As part of the cleanup content of asset_shared was moved to model2/prefab2 folders. Also some unfinished *_fr files were removed.
As long your map mod is not overriding our /def/world/*.sii files nor depending on those unfinished files, it should be fine. Otherwise you will need to update the definition file with the new paths or replace the referenced objects with something else. If your mod is overriding one from the affected models, you will need to move the models to the new path.
When saving the map, the editor now creates separate file europe.set to store selection sets. That file is not used by game itself and does not have to be included in mod.