Tutorials/SCS Workshop Uploader/How to upload new mod?
- Create folder where you will put your mod content.
- Put version specific content into appropriate folders - you can zip those folders. TODO: What are those "appropriate" folders?
- Create file called versions.sii where you put package version info units. TODO: Describe how to write this definition file with some examples
- When you prepare everything launch SCS Workshop Uploader tool from your Steam Client.
- Select the game which will be the target application for your workshop creation.
- In "Mod data" section
- Select folder with your mod content. You need to select the root folder of your mod this where you have placed your versions.sii file and version folders or archives.
- Browse for preview image.
- In the next section
- fill the Mod name (maximum 128 characters)
- select visibility state (if the mod is private, friends only or public).
- In "Description" section fill your mod description - the minimum amount of characters is 50 characters - maximum is 8000 (we count one byte as characters so in case you are using characters from different alphabet than english one one character may count as 2 or more. (Also new lines, spaces count as character))
- In "Tags" section
- You MUST select Type of your mod
- Truck parts and Brand are optional
- In "Change note" you specify changelog of new mod version - in this case you can leave it empty or simply write there something like "Initial release" or "First version release".
- When you are done you can press Upload button. In case validation failed or some different problem happened you will be informed by proper dialog.
If it’s your first mod and you were not doing any mods for other game you will likely get error about not accepted Steam Workshop Terms Of Service - if so happends tool will show you appropriate message and the steam workshop terms of service will be opened in your default web browser - you have to login to your steam account read and accept the terms of service and if you do so simply go back to the tool and try again with uploading your mod.