Tutorials/SCS Workshop Uploader/How to upload new mod?
To upload mod to Steam Workshop you need to setup few new files and folders your mod. Steam Workshop mods have ability to be compatible with multiple versions so you need to define which data game should use.
First step of preparing your mod to be sent to Steam Workshop is creation of folder where you will store your mod data.
When you create the folder open it and create another folder called latest (the name can be different however we recommend calling it latest) - in this place you will put data files of your mod that will be compatible with latest game patches. Instead of folder you can also create ZIP archives with game data.
Open text editor and create file called versions.sii - save it in the same folder where you created latest folder
Add magic and global scope to your versions.sii file.
Add definition of latest version.
Set value of the attribute called folder which is the name of the folder or ZIP archive with the data.
When you do those points and put your game content to folder/archive you and you don't want to support exact patches you can skip next points and go to Uploading part.
In case you have data that supports one exact update you need to create folder or archive where you will store the content.
Open your text editor and do exatly the same steps as you did while adding definition for latest patch. (Besides different folder and unit name)
There is new thing. You need to set value of the compatible_versions attribute. This attribute is simply array containing strings that are masks of the game versions. As we want to have data for 1.22 patch simply write there "1.22.*". Values are similar to compatible_versions array in manifest.sii however for workshop mods we are using versions specified in versions.sii.
In case you want to support more than one exact version you need to setup folder for it.
Add again the same definition for the unit.
Add compatible_version value for one patch you support.
And add again compatible_version value for second patch you want to support.
Steam Workshop Terms Of Service
If it’s your first mod and you were not doing any mods for other game (or Valve updated Terms of Service?) you will likely get error about not accepted Steam Workshop Terms Of Service - if so happends tool will show you appropriate message and the steam workshop terms of service will be opened in your default web browser - you have to login to your steam account read and accept the terms of service and if you do so simply go back to the tool and try again with uploading your mod.
- Create folder where you will put your mod content.
- Put version specific content into appropriate folders - you can zip those folders. TODO: What are those "appropriate" folders?
- Create file called versions.sii where you put package version info units. TODO: Describe how to write this definition file with some examples
- When you prepare everything launch SCS Workshop Uploader tool from your Steam Client.
- Select the game which will be the target application for your workshop creation.
- In "Mod data" section
- Select folder with your mod content. You need to select the root folder of your mod this where you have placed your versions.sii file and version folders or archives.
- Browse for preview image. The maximum size of the file is 1 MB.
- In the next section
- fill the Mod name (maximum 128 characters)
- select visibility state (if the mod is private, friends only or public).
- In "Description" section fill your mod description - the minimum amount of characters is 50 characters - maximum is 8000. (We count one byte as characters so in case you are using multibyte characters it will count as more than one (also new lines, spaces count as character))
- In "Tags" section
- You MUST select Type of your mod
- Truck parts and Brand are optional
- In "Change note" you specify changelog of new mod version - in this case you can leave it empty or simply write there something like "Initial release" or "First version release".
- When you are done you can press Upload button. In case validation failed or some different problem happened you will be informed by proper dialog.