Difference between revisions of "Tutorials/SCS Workshop Uploader/How to upload new mod?"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
|Add to your versions.sii file.
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|Add definition of latest version.
|Add definition of latest version .
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
|Set '''folder''' name of the folder or ZIP archive with the data.
Revision as of 15:29, 26 January 2016
To upload mod to Steam Workshop you need to setup few new files and folders your mod. Steam Workshop mods have ability to be compatible with multiple versions so you need to define which data game should use.
When you do those points and put your game content to folder/archive you and you don't want to support exact patches you can skip next points and go to Uploading part.
Supporting specify version of the game
- Run SCS Workshop Uploader tool from your steam client.
- Select the game (1) that is compatible with your mod.
- Select New item from the items combobox (2). It should be selected by default when you launch the tool.
- In the Mod data section - browse for a mod data folder (3).
- If you select folder, browse for mod preview image (4).
- In next step fill mod name (5).
- Select mod visibility in steam workshop. If it's Private, Friends only or Public (6).
- Fill your mod description (7) which will be shown in your item workshop page. (Minimum 50 characters) If you want to know formatting possibilities click on the question mark button. (8)
- Now, you have to select type tag for your mod (9).
- You can select truck parts and brand tag if appropriate (10).
- You can now fill change note of your mod (11). If you need to have the edit box bigger simply resize the tool window. As it's initial upload step you will more likely write nothing here - or write something like "Initial upload.".
- If you did all the points simply click Upload button (12).. Before the actual upload operation the tool will check if your mod contains correct data.
TODO: Describe why writing for example 1 cyrillic character counts as 2, why onee space is count as character and why enter is count as character.
TODO: Describe howto find the tool in steam client and link installation tutorial
- In case of any validation error you will notice this dialog.
When you click OK you will see log dialog with all errors and warnings that occured during validation. In case if you have only warnings you can both continue or abort operation. In case of error you need to fix them before uploading.
TODO: Error log screenshot here & link to frequent problems and solutions (missing manifest.sii)
- In case you click Continue button mod will start uploading.
- In case mod has been successfuly uploaded you will see this dialog.
However it is possible that there was some failure - you will then notice dialog with the error message. If you have some problem with resolving the problem write on our forum click todo moding section (Create Steam Workshop section dedicated to it?)
Steam Workshop Terms Of Service
If it’s your first mod and you were not doing any mods for other game (or Valve updated Terms of Service?) you will likely get error about not accepted Steam Workshop Terms Of Service - if so happends tool will show you appropriate message and the steam workshop terms of service will be opened in your default web browser - you have to login to your steam account read and accept the terms of service and if you do so simply go back to the tool and try again with uploading your mod.
- Create folder where you will put your mod content.
- Put version specific content into appropriate folders - you can zip those folders. TODO: What are those "appropriate" folders?
- Create file called versions.sii where you put package version info units. TODO: Describe how to write this definition file with some examples
- When you prepare everything launch SCS Workshop Uploader tool from your Steam Client.
- Select the game which will be the target application for your workshop creation.
- In "Mod data" section
- Select folder with your mod content. You need to select the root folder of your mod this where you have placed your versions.sii file and version folders or archives.
- Browse for preview image. The maximum size of the file is 1 MB.
- In the next section
- fill the Mod name (maximum 128 characters)
- select visibility state (if the mod is private, friends only or public).
- In "Description" section fill your mod description - the minimum amount of characters is 50 characters - maximum is 8000. (We count one byte as characters so in case you are using multibyte characters it will count as more than one (also new lines, spaces count as character))
- In "Tags" section
- You MUST select Type of your mod
- Truck parts and Brand are optional
- In "Change note" you specify changelog of new mod version - in this case you can leave it empty or simply write there something like "Initial release" or "First version release".
- When you are done you can press Upload button. In case validation failed or some different problem happened you will be informed by proper dialog.