- 1 Introduction
- 2 Recommendations
- 3 How to convert map
- 4 Changes & New Features
The following page contains modding guidelines for the new update of the game.
To better understand changes in units it is recommended to check Units documentation page.
- When basing your model on the original ones, add to your mod also ALL original /automat/ files used by it. The names of the files are generated as CityHash64 hash of theirs content so whenever we change the parameters of the material in any way, a different file will be used to store them and the original file might cease to exist if there is no other model utilizing the original parameters.
- When modifying original models, always include ALL components of the model (pmg+pmd) instead of just those you changed. Otherwise you risk crash if we change the model.
- As always when adding new objects to files which support multi-file approach (e.g. road_look.sii) it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use suffix or prefix in the name to avoid conflicts with new objects we are adding in patches. Otherwise you might have to use the batch renaming functionality (see Batch renaming) to fix the conflicts when new patch appears.
How to convert map
- Load map
- Do rebuild (F8)
- Save map
Changes & New Features
many features, TBD
removed defaults, separate sounds per truck, TBD
- many SII files (units) that should be SUI files (includes) renamed, TBD
License plate data
- changed generation rules
- data-driven city LP probability
Tweaked default ranges.
New animation engine_brake_stick_anim.
There has been an extensive cleanup and renaming among traffic vehicle types to bring more consistency into the type separation logic and consistency. Most of the type names are based on their real-world counterparts. They are further subdivided to allow correct application of traffic rules and/or some special behavior for all vehicles. There is more info in /def/vehicle/traffic_vehicle_types.sii. Note together with type names, also traffic vehicle storages were renamed accordingly (/def/vehicle/traffic_storage*.sii). Please check if vehicle definitions added by mods are in correct storage(s)
Together with vehicle types, also several trailer types were renamed. Their names are based on the vehicle types they are used by. There is more info in /def/vehicle/traffic_trailer_types.sii. Note together with type names, also traffic trailer storages were renamed accordingly (/def/vehicle/traffic_storage_trailer*.sii). Please check if trailer definitions added by mods are in correct storage(s)
Referencing multiple vehicle/trailer definitions
A new attribute tags (array of tokens) has been added to both vehicle and trailer data definitions. Tags serve as 'filters' which allow referencing multiple vehicle/trailer definitions without the need to name each unit name explicitly. The way of referencing has been unified across the traffic definitions. Now, each reference can be:
- explicit unit name: "traffic.vehicle.unit.name"
- combination of vehicle/trailer type together with 1-3 inclusion/exclusion tags: "vehicle_type tag1_include1 !tag2_exclude tag3_include"
The unified system can now be used for:
- traffic vehicle definitions (trailer_chains)
- parked vehicle hookup definitions (allowed_vehicle and allowed_trailer)
- parked trailer hookup definitions (allowed_trailer)
- spawn density rules
NOTE: this change made parked vehicle hookup attribute allowed_vehicle_type obsolete.