< Games | ETS2/Modding guidesJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 13:49, 20 March 2019 by 50keda (Created page with "= Introduction = The following page contains modding guidelines for the new update of the game. To better understand changes in units it is recommended to check Documentat...")
The following page contains modding guidelines for the new update of the game.
To better understand changes in units it is recommended to check Units documentation page.
- When basing your model on the original ones, add to your mod also ALL original /automat/ files used by it. The names of the files are generated as CityHash64 hash of theirs content so whenever we change the parameters of the material in any way, a different file will be used to store them and the original file might cease to exist if there is no other model utilizing the original parameters.
- When modifying original models, always include ALL components of the model (pmg+pmd) instead of just those you changed. Otherwise you risk crash if we change the model.
- As always when adding new objects to files which support multi-file approach (e.g. road_look.sii) it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use suffix or prefix in the name to avoid conflicts with new objects we are adding in patches. Otherwise you might have to use the batch renaming functionality (see Batch renaming) to fix the conflicts when new patch appears.
How to convert map
- If your mod adds Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia or Finland update your country, ferry, semaphore model and semaphore profile definitions to avoid conflicts.
- Load map
- Do rebuild (F8)
- Save map
- Select correct looks for models where the selection of the looks changed