Documentation/Tools/SCS Blender Tools/SCS Tools in Tool Shelf
SCS Tools shelf consist of set of tools which can be used for objects in 3D viewport.
- 1 Tool Shelf
- 2 Convex
- 3 Visibility Tools
- 4 Display Methods
- 5 See also
Creates a new SCS Root Object. If there is any selection, it will automatically set these objects for SCS Game Object content by parenting it to the SCS Root Object.
Add Root (with name request)
Creates a new SCS Root Object. User can specify a name for the Root object in a window, that will appear. If there is any selection, it will automatically set these objects for SCS Game Object content by parenting it to the SCS Root Object.
Checks selected objects for degenerated polygons which shall be removed before exporting, as they might cause FPS drop-down with some graphics cards. Operator takes selected objects and selects vertices of degenerated polygons. Degenerated polygons are discovered trough Heron's Formula.
Enters a complex Vertex coloring mode, where you can edit 4 vertex color layers which are baked to vertex color layer used by shader and export in real-time. The extra icon button on the side gives you ability to freshly rebake 4 layers in case you edited one of them by hand without using VColoring operator.
Makes a new object from selected Model objects. This new object is always convex and can be used as a base for convex colliders.
Convert to Locator
Converts selected objects into a new Collider Locator. There are additional choices for deleting of source object(s) – Delete Original Geometry, and for creating a single Locator or multiple Locators from every selected object – Individual Objects.
Convert to Mesh
Converts selected Collision Locator(s) into editable Model (Mesh) object(s).
Visibility tools consists of sub-panel for viewing objects by type and three additional visibility operators.
Switching by type
First table alters visibility of Model and Locators objects. Second table is used only for Prefab Locators.
Global vs. SCS Root
This option switches scope of visibility operators in this sub-panel. When using Global operators will be applied among all of the objects in current scene, in the case of SCS Root only the objects within current SCS Game Object will be altered.
Current SCS Root
Additional operators for switching visibility of objects within the SCS Game Object of active object:
- Invert Visibility - inverts visibility of all objects.
- View All - shows all objects.
- Isolate - show all objects within SCS Game Object of active object and hide all other objects in scene.
- Wires / Textured - two operators for quick setting of the drawing type for all Glass objects in the scene.
- Wires / Textured - two operators for quick setting of the drawing type for all Shadow caster objects in the scene.
- All Wires / No Wires - operators to quickly turn ON or OFF all the wires in all Collision Locators in the scene.
- All Faces / No Faces - operators to quickly turn ON or OFF all the faces in all Collision Locators in the scene.
Depending on the current 3D viewport mode in Blender you will also find: