Documentation/Engine/Truck Interior Animations and IDs
For movement of various things in truck interior are used program driven animations ( _anim ). For each animation can be set range by *_anim_min and *_anim_max values. As most animations expect range from 0 to 1, this are also default values. If animation expect any other value range it will be stated below.
- engine_start_anim - 0 off, 0.33 electricity on, 0.67 engine on, 1 engine starting
- trailer_stick_anim - trailer brake
- auto_transmission_stick_anim - in order reverse-neutral-drive
- oil_psi_anim - range in psi (pounds per square inch), 40-90 psi is typical working value
- water_temp_anim - in celsius degrees, working value 90*C
- battery_anim - in volts, working value 24V
- oil_temp_anim - engine oil temperature, in celsius degrees, working value 90*C
- diff_temp_anim - differential temperature, in celsius degrees, working value 90*C
- tachometer_anim - in rpm (revolution per minute)
- speedometer_anim - speed in km/h
- air_psi_anim - range in psi (pounds per square inch), working value 140 psi
- brake_psi_anim - range is 0 to 1, maximum pressure value should be equivalent of 60-70 psi
- suspension_load_anim - expects range in newtons (22t trailer creates like 70kN on kingpin)
- consumption_anim - instant consumption in l/100km, scania gauge has 0 to 120
- clock_big_anim - minutes, 0-60
- clock_small_anim - hours, 0-12
- generic_anim - animation for other gauges. 0 when truck is turned off, 1 when truck is turned on.
This animations are not interpolated from 0 to 1 rather they have only 2 states: switched off and switched on. So this animations should have only 2 key frames.
- blinker_delay - this is not animation, but value describing length of half blinking loop
- button_4way - indicator should be placed on hazard warning button for blinking
- indicator_warning - damage warning indicator
- indicator_stop - critical damage indicator
- indicator_axle_lift - lifted axle indicator
- indicator_generic - animation for other indicator. 0 most of the time, 1 when truck is making electricity check (after turned on).
Screen of dashboard computers uses our UI library and shows thus UI elements. Each element has unique ID and can be used only once (due to caching). Most of fields can be used as two parameter template - value and unit, both are used accordingly to current game options. As in different languages can be units and other texts translated ensure that there are enough space for all of them.
Screen IDs ( ui::group type):
- 100 to 800 - basic screens, up to 8 screens
- 900 - warning screen, used when truck is damage and should be repaired, shown alone (without shared screen)
- 950 - shared screen (used together with all basic screens)
Element IDs (mostly ui::text_common type):
- 1000 - ambient temperature
- 1010 - oil temperature
- 1020 - current speed
- 1030 - odometer, needs space for at least six digits
- 1040 - current gear, uses N, D[number], R or R[number] for automatic and N, [number], R or R[number] for maual
- 1050 - current clock time in proper format, eg. "12:34 pm"
- 1060 - remaining fuel in tank
- 1070 - ui::text for fuel bar, the text is cut left-to-right according to current fuel tank state
- 1075 - ui::text that defines size, orientation and range of fuel bar
- 1080 - guessed operating range of vehicle
- 1090 - water temperature
- 1100 - cruise control speed value
- 1110 - ui::text for oil pressure bar, the text is cut according to current oil pressure
- 1115 - ui::text that defines size, orientation and range of oil pressure bar (typical data "H~~0~~116", horizontal range 0psi to 116psi (8bar))
- 1120 - ui::text for air pressure bar, the text is cut according to current air pressure
- 1125 - ui::text that defines size, orientation and range of air pressure bar (typical data "H~~0~~174", horizontal range 0psi to 174psi (12bar))
- 1130 - ui::text for turbo pressure bar, the text is cut according to current oil pressure
- 1135 - ui::text that defines size, orientation and range of turbo pressure bar (typical data "H~~0~~1", horizontal range 0 to 1)
- 1140 - ui::text for adblue bar, the text is cut according to current adblue tank state
- 1145 - ui::text that defines size, orientation and range of adblue bar
- 1150 - ui::text for water temperature bar, the text is cut according to current water temperature
- 1155 - ui::text that defines size, orientation and range of water temperature bar (typical data "H~~0~~130", horizontal range 0*C to 130*C)
- 1160 - instant consumption
- 1170 - average (trip) consumption
- 1180 - unused
- 1185 - unused
- 1190 - damage warning icon, can be ui::group or ui::text or any other element that could show/hide
- 1200 - low fuel warning icon, can be ui::group or ui::text or any other element that could show/hide
- 1210 - trip distance
- 1220 - compass, displays strings like "N", "E", "SW".
- 1230 - engine brake icon
- 1240 - cruise control icon, can be ui::group or ui::text or any other element that could show/hide. Cruise control speed ( 1100) explicitly CAN be child of this group.
- 1250 - cruise control memory icon, can be ui::group or ui::text or any other element that could show/hide.
Data for bars are entered in format "H~~0~~130", H means the bar is horizontal (or V for vertical), leftmost position represents value 0, rightmost position represents value 130. Empty text defaults to "H~~0~~1".