Documentation/Engine/Game data/Player trucks definitions
Player truck definitions are containing all definitions that defines trucks that player can use in game and accessories for them.
Each truck is configured in it's own folder (e.g. "<brand.truck>" in tree view below) containing:
- SII file: data.sii - defining: truck info, cameras, fallback rules for parts of the truck and required accessories. There is 8 mandatory fallback rules: chassis, cabin, interior, engine, transmission, f_wheel (or f_tire), r_wheel (or r_tire), paint_job and head_light.
- Subfolders: (chassis, cabin, interior, engine, transmission, paint_job, head_light, sound) - defining different parts and accessories of the truck. First 7 folders are needed because of mandatory fallback rules and sound folder is needed for truck mandatory sounds definitions.
- Optional folder: accessory - defining all possible accessories for the truck that user can install in game Upgrade Shop. This folder holds another level of sub folders for separating different accessory types that player can install on the truck and will be listed in Upgrade Shop once player selects proper accessory type. Moreover names of subfolders directly correspond to the names of model locators truck 3D model has to have for ability of having that types of accessories enabled in the game.
Still this configurations are not enough to have truck shown up in the game. For proper inclusion of truck in the game, truck initial configuration files have to be created for:
- Dealers inside folder: "/def/vehicle/truck_dealer/" (if truck has RHD variant also in UK dealers folder: "/def/vehicle/truck_dealer_uk/").
- Desktop preview inside folder: "/def/vehicle/truck_desktop/" (if truck has RHD variant also in UK dealers folder: "/def/vehicle/truck_desktop_uk/").
- Quick Jobs trucks inside folder (optionally): "/def/vehicle/truck_company/" (if truck has RHD variant also in UK dealers folder: "/def/vehicle/truck_company_uk/").
Root game folder ├def ├vehicle ├truck ├<brand.truck> Truck main configuration folder. ├accessory Folder for defining all accessory types which can be installed on this truck. ├beacon Folder for defining accessory of type "beacon". ├shape1.sii File defining one beacon model which can be named freely (no restriction applies on SII file naming inside accessory type). └... More beacon models definition files. └... Folders defining more accessory types and it's model definitions. ├cabin Folder with SII files defining cabin mandatory truck part; one cabin per one SII file. ├chassis Folder with SII files defining chassis mandatory truck part; one chassis per one SII file. ├engine Folder with SII files defining engine mandatory truck part; one engine per one SII file. ├head_light Folder with SII files defining head light mandatory truck part; one head light type per one SII file. ├interior Folder with SII files defining interior mandatory truck part, it's animations, dashboard colors and glass data; one interior per one SII file. ├paint_job Folder with SII files defining paint job mandatory truck part; one paint job per one SII file. ├sound Folder with SII files defining sound mandatory truck part. There should be at least two SII files: one for interior and second for exterior sounds definition. ├transmission Folder with SII files defining transmission mandatory truck part; one transmission per one SII file. └data.sii Defining truck global data: info, cameras and fallback rules. ├<2nd_brand.truck> Folder defining second truck having the same inner folder structure as first truck above. ├... Folders for defining more trucks. ├common_sound_ext.sui Defines common sounds list for exterior. This list has to be included in each truck exterior sounds definition file. ├common_sound_ext_data.sui Defines common sounds data for "common_sound_ext.sii" list. ├common_sound_int.sui Defines common sounds list for interior. This list has to be included in each truck interior sounds definition file. ├common_sound_int_data.sui Defines common sounds data for "common_sound_int.sii" list. └fallback.sii Configuration of fallback truck in the case player loads save with truck that is not in game data any more (may happen when truck mod is removed).