- When basing your model on the original ones, add to your mod also ALL original /automat/ files used by it. The names of the files are generated as SHA1 hash of theirs content so whenever we change the parameters of the material in any way, a different file will be used to store them and the original file might cease to exist if there is no other model utilizing the original parameters.
- When modifying original models, always include ALL compoments of the model (pmg+pmd) instead of just those you changed. Otherwise you risk crash if we change the model.
- As always when adding new objects to files which support multi-file approach (e.g. road_look.sii) it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use suffix or prefix in the name to avoid conflicts with new objects we are adding in patches. Otherwise you might have to use the batch renaming functionality (see Batch renaming) to fix the conflicts when new patch appears.
How to convert map
- Download and install our mod, as a replacement for renamed models and variants: link
- Load map
- Do rebuild (F8)
- Save map
We replaced some prefabs and prefab variants. So for loading old map and map mods, please download and install our mod: link.
Prefab variant changes:
- variant "vineyard_01-dugheau_uzau" was renamed to "darchelle"
- variant "mining_storage-coastline_mi" was renamed to "coastmining"
Prefab model name changes:
- model "d_food_mkt" was renamed to "d_gen_mkt2"
- model "d_food_mkt2" was renamed to "d_food_mkt"
- model "d_food_mkt3" was renamed to "d_gen_mkt1"
- model "d_food_mkt4" was renamed to "d_food_mkt1"
Unit "company_data" has new attribute "sort_name". It is a string used for sorting non ASCII only company names.
Unit "climate_profile" underwent some changes. Simple latitude setting was updated to fully defined projection system. There is new attribute "map_projection" (default value "mercator"), where we can define the projection between map and globe coordinates.
Attributes "latitude_a" and "latitude_b" have been changed to "map_origin" and "map_factor". They are not mere float values but vectors of two float values of globe coordinates (latitude, longitude pair). Basic functionality is similar to previous latitude attributes but uses longitude in addition as it is needed for some projections:
[latitude,longitude] = projection( map_origin + map_factor * [map_z,map_x] )
In addition attributes "standard_paralel_1" and "standard_paralel_2" has been added for "lambert_conic" projection currently used ATS in re-scaled USA map. All in degrees.
Note: If you want use old maps use mercator projection. Then longitude is not taken into consideration at all so you can use any value (with preferably non-zero factor).
Unit "accessory_interior_data" has new animations - "general_air_press_anim" and "trailer_air_press_anim" both with their respective "_min" and "_max" values. They are additional air pressure gauges currently used in ATS truck Peterbilt 389.
Unit "accessory_interior_data" has new attribute "air_brake_safeguard" (default false or 0). It makes parking brake knob pneumatic (like in US trucks) and it will be physically kicked out on low air. So driver must push it again to drive (this is instead of electronic switch used in EU trucks).