Conversion tools are set of binaries used to convert mid-format files to binary format files which are used by the game.
In general you should convert your whole mod file system structure for in game usage using this tools including: any 3D assets exported with SCS Blender Tools, any definition files, sound files, map files etc.
Download & Installation
- Download conversion tools for the game you want to create mod:
- To install conversion tools binaries simply extract ZIP package into folder somewhere on the PC where it can be found and read-write access is granted.
There are two options of usage for conversion tools:
- Use conversion tools from Blender
- First make sure you installed Documentation/Tools/SCS Blender Tools
- Navigate to Conversion Helper panel in Scene properties tab.
- Set "Conversion Tools Path" pointing to extracted conversion tools folder (the same folder as this readme file is in).
- Now conversion tools will be used when you will use operators of conversion helper (for more info see: Documentation/Tools/SCS Blender Tools/Conversion Helper).
- Use binaries directly (for advanced users)
- Direct usage of conversion tools is done from command line with execution of "conversion_tools/convert.cmd" script. Running this script will take any mid-format resources founded in "conversion_tools/base" folder, correctly convert them into binary format files and place them into "conversion_tools/rsrc" folder.
- After completed conversion all the content in "conversion_tools/rsrc" folder can be ZIP-ed and placed into the mod folder of the game as usual.
Note: Usage of "conversion_tools/extra_mount.txt" file with specified additional "base" folder paths in each line of the file may also be used. This will cause conversion tools to mount all of the paths the same as "conversion_tools/base" folder. With extra mounted directories conversion tools will convert all resources from "base" and all additional paths!
Note: If something goes wrong during the conversion, you can find additional information in conversion tools log file ("bin/win_x86/mass_convert.log").